Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default LP still better than Digital?

On Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:31:54 AM UTC-4, Audio Empire wrote:
I can hear the howls of derision now from certain parties who post here=

=20
regularly. I'm out of my mind. There can just be no other explanation for=

it!

Mpfffff.

I will accept "sounds different" and I will even accept "sounds better" as =
long as you add "to the two of you". Hey. That is why there are many flavor=
s of ice-cream, and why stuff like Nutella or Bovril or SenSen still exists=
.. De gustibus non est disputandum.=20

As to trouncing a $7,000 DAC, that is to be expected rather than to be a su=
rprise. Given that after the first $150 or so the remainder is eyewash, smo=
ke and mirrors one will be inevitably disappointed with any results out of =
such a box assuming an honest listener is giving an honest opinion both rar=
e commodities.=20

On the other hand, many here, including this person, still maintains a viny=
l system or systems. And still takes pleasure in it. Along with tape, casse=
tte, CDs, OTA tuner and HD tuner. And take pleasure in all of them. Which i=
s better is a function of many things several of which are not rational.=20

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA