Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default It's a Goldmund, no its a Pioneer!

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
And the Goldmund appears to use a phenolic PCB?

I don't think that *anybody* credible uses phenolic PCBs in even

mid-priced
gear. That's reserved for $39.95 cheapies, I think.

And even most of those use FRP now.

I could be wrong, but Pioneer is probably using either mid grade or high
grade FRP in the DVD player

Looks like it.

that obviouisly is the basis for the Goldmund.

Have another look at the color of the LHS board in the Goldmund then. The
RHS board is obviously FRP, the LHS board sure doesn't look like it to me.
Of course photo's can be misleading. I'm sure not interested in finding out
in any case :-)

MrT.