Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default It's a Goldmund, no its a Pioneer!

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andrew Barss" wrote in
message
Peter Larsen wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:

http://audiostereo.lukarnet.com/gfx/960000/969938_1.jpg

http://audiostereo.lukarnet.com/gfx/960000/969938_2.jpg

Not enough resolution to refute differences on
component level, but also no obviously replaced
capacitors and a very good question about whether a
bit of possibly occured pcb rework and a new cabinet
warrants the differenc in price.

What is the difference in price?

$200 for the Pioneer, $6,000 for the Goldmund.

Or 6,000 Pounds? Unbelieveable!

And the Goldmund appears to use a phenolic PCB?

I don't think that *anybody* credible uses phenolic PCBs in even mid-priced
gear. That's reserved for $39.95 cheapies, I think.

I could be wrong, but Pioneer is probably using either mid grade or high
grade FRP in the DVD player that obviouisly is the basis for the Goldmund.