Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Yet another take on the loudness wars

wrote:
On Dec 31 2007, 3:49 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
And you'd have thought we'd have learned from the whole quad fiasco too.

oh do you think that Electric Ladyland will be released on
surround???

I am sure it will be, but I bet only in new mixes that bear no resemblance
to the original quad mixes.

The big labels have very few people left who remember quad, and the folks
that DO remember it only remember it as a disaster and want nothing to do
with the old quad mixes. Consequently a large part of our history is
inacessible.