Posted to rec.audio.pro
rboy rboy is offline

Default Yet another take on the loudness wars

On Dec 30 2007, 11:15*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Not to mention the fact that the cassettes we used to cherish didn't
sound better than today's mp3s, but we'll put the former above the
latter anyway *: *)

Cherish? *When cassettes were a popular release format, everybody _hated_
them. *Getting decent duplication consistency was a nightmare too.

Much as I hate MP3s, I am very glad that I will never have to deal with
another bin loop machine again as long as I live.

Well, I *was* saying that it wasn't better. But as a consumer it was
all we had if we wanted to listen to J Geils in the car, so I stand by
my "cherish"ed recollections. I was a listener, didn't have bin loops
machines to cloud my joy.

Smileys throughout.