Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Yet another take on the loudness wars

rboy wrote:
On Dec 30, 12:20=A0am, straightnut wrote:

It's like there's a
restoration program in our brains to make up for what's lacking so we
can enjoy it.

Not to mention the fact that the cassettes we used to cherish didn't
sound better than today's mp3s, but we'll put the former above the
latter anyway : )

Cherish? When cassettes were a popular release format, everybody _hated_
them. Getting decent duplication consistency was a nightmare too.

Much as I hate MP3s, I am very glad that I will never have to deal with
another bin loop machine again as long as I live.

At least the MP3 was actually designed for music, which is more than you
can say for the compact cassette.