Posted to rec.audio.pro
straightnut straightnut is offline

Default Yet another take on the loudness wars

On Dec 29, 12:11*am, jwvm wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...th_of_high_fid...

If you're never exposed to high fidelity, you don't realize what
you're missing. My 15 year old niece is perfectly happy listening
through cheap ear buds that came with her mp3 player. She even likes
her 3 inch $10 stereo speakers that her player can plug into. But she
truly loves music. I can't stand the music she loves, but I can tell
that she needs her music more than I need mine.
Before high fidelity, music was being enjoyed as well. We make do with
what's available. But once you've had a taste, you don't want to have
to settle for anything less.

Jeff