Posted to rec.audio.tubes
powerdoc powerdoc is offline

Default Are there any objective criteria to choose a 6550, KT88 or KT90 in a Jolida 502a?

I'm getting one sans tubes. If one goes through the group and googles
the terms "objective tubes" there are 302 responses, many calling other
members of the group ****s and assholes. Is there published literature
about any "science" in choosing tube types or brands, which I realize
begins to get into real or imagined subtleties and subjectivity?
Should the electrical specifications of each tube type by different
companies be the same? Do different runs of a particular
manufacturer's tube have different specs? Can you point me to some
literature to read about tubes (Harvey Rosenberg, where are you when we
need you!?). Thanks from a confused neewbie tubie.