Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default mobile monitor set up in the house?

Sam Seagate wrote:
I use Sony MDR-V6's in the house, but these don't match what I hear on
the 4 speaker system in the car, which is generic and it's a Mercury
Sable 2000. So, nothing special but I would prefer something in the
house that more closely matches what I hear in the car.

I did an article for recording a while back with an 8-inch full range
paging speaker that had two voice coils and could be driven in mono. It
sounds a lot like the 4x6 speakers in factory car radios.... but there's
no reason you can't go to a junkyard, get a couple 4x6 speakers, and put
them in sealed boxes with maybe half a cubic foot volume.