Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Professional Radio Engineer

"Alex Pogossov"

A brilliant idea came to me. We need to start manufacturing special
audiophoolish coaxial cables with Z=4ohm impedance, Z=8ohm impedance and
Z=16ohm impedance.

** Been around since the 1970s.

Using such coax as a speaker cable an audiophool can achieve perfect
matching of the speakers to the amp in the widest frequency range.

** Shame how loudspeakers do not have simple impedances over the audio band,
let alone beyond it.

While it is possible to add passive networks in parallel with a speaker ( ie
zobels) to fix this, nobody ever wants to.

Exceptions:

Some Magneplaner models and the KEF 104AB were close to resistive over the
audio band.

..... Phil