Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Default Replace positive wire on HU?

Mariachi wrote:

Read the posts above you before you say anything... as I already said,
I know that the AC voltage from the alternator goes through rectifier
diodes. Yes, you can call me an 'idiot' for all I care if it makes
you feel any better. I'm just saying the battery does output current
when the alternator can't supply it all.

Okay, one more time:

The alternator creates current, converting mechanical energy into electrical energy.

The battery stores electrical energy.

The battery and the alternator are in a parallel circuit. They do not operate
independently of each other.

When the car is running, the alternator provides ALL the car's electrical needs,
including for the sound system. The battery DOES NOT.

If you still refuse to understand this, then nobody here can help you, as
everyone else, including probably even bob wald, get this concept.