Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default ESL57s - loss of high frequency?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Patrick Turner wrote:
You'd be surprised if I said that many ordinary listerners don't like a
really flat response. I listened to a Celtic Harp last night with a lady
friend and you'd have thought the player was with us with my system. But
she preferred an 8 dB cut to the treble. Her own system is in a cupboard
with louvre doors in front, this give about 2hHz of sound yet she sings
along and is a happy little vegemite.

Nice mellow sound, then. Plenty people like excessive bass too.
Doesn't make them 'right' - just maybe happy.

Interesting notion - the obverse presumably being 'I'm not happy with it,
but at least I know it's *right"....??