Patrick Turner

NewYorkDave wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote in message ...
Your first post on the matter seemed to present a daunting task for us to
design for you

Patrick, I think you misunderstand my intention in the original post.
I'm not asking anyone to design my circuit for me. I just wanted
comments on the distribution of distortion products in tube amplifiers
with negative feedback. This knowledge could help to guide me in
designing my circuit, but I wasn't looking for someone else to do the
design work for me.

OK, well you sure got a lot of replies about distortion.

But to know about the thd in any given application, we'd
need a schematic of what's proposed.

You design your circuit, and maybe post the address where we can see
the amplifier stage schmatics if you wish,
and I am sure you'll get another lot of comments regarding
how to do it better, worse, or why at all, and why not opamps!

One has to learn to ignore a fair bit of what is said around here,
its a noisy pub sometimes.

Patrick Turner.