Patrick Turner

NewYorkDave wrote:

Now, it should be apparent why my original post included the phrase:

"Please, let's ignore for the moment the question
of WHY someone would want to design a tube mixing console in 2003!"

The discussion was pretty constructive up to the point that I revealed
my rerasons for wanting to build a tube mixer. Now the ad-hominem
attacks have begun. Without knowing anything about me, two posters
have seen fit to call me "deluded" and "a fool on a fool's quest." But
to the rest of the posters, I thank you for your constructive
criticism and the ideas you've offered.

There are those who wouldn't use a tube to do anything, ever,
in any circuit.
I am not one of them, and I build with SS and tubes, and
I enjoy both methods of signal handling.

I know folks who like tube gear in their studios, and there is no
need for an argument about which is better, or even legitimate.

So, where were we?

Tube design for a mixing desk. Its sounds like a great project idea.

I suggest you post only to rec.audio.tubes, and
not also to sci.electronics.design, where perhaps some of the anti tube
brigade
will pester you.

Your first post on the matter seemed to present a daunting task for us to
design for you,
but it would be easier if you had an easy to understand block diagram,
with the amps shown as triangles, with the required gain drawn in,
and the attenuator impedances.

Its then we could advise on a suitable amp config.

Patrick Turner.