Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Final Frontier: NASA in the Obamanation

The Final Frontier:
NASA in the Obamanation

Hunter Wallace

"So much progress …

When I hear the word “progress,” the mental image of advanced
technology comes to mind, in particular that which relates to space
exploration. I think of future generations of White men expanding out
into the inner solar system: landing on Mars, colonizing the moon,
mining the asteroid belt, etc.

In the Bush years, I was excited by the Mars rovers and the Cassini
mission which discovered seas on Titan. Along with the National Park
Service, I counted NASA among the handful of things that gave me some
lingering sense of pride in America.

So it was a punch in the gut to hear that the Obama administration is
literally destroying the U.S. Space Program. NASA’s Constellation
Program is being scrapped and the space shuttle retired. The next
manned American spaceflight won’t lift off until some vague date in
the 2020s. In the meantime, the transportation of American astronauts
to the International Space Station will be outsourced to Russia and
China. The U.S. will voluntarily relinquish its leadership role in
space exploration. Thousands of American workers – the cream of the
high technology industry – will lose their jobs in NASA states like
Florida, Alabama, and Texas.

But don’t worry: America’s HNIC has promised we will land on Mars
sometime in the 2030s – decades after he leaves office – years after
any number of ticking timebombs (Medicare, Obamacare, Social Security,
uncontrolled Third World immigration) crash the federal budget and
tank the U.S. economy. Under the stewardship of affirmative action
appointments at NASA, the black and Hispanic scientific geniuses of
the future currently graduating from America’s public schools will
take us there.

The last scheduled American shuttle launch is May 31, 2010. Mark your
calenders. It will probably be the last time Americans travel to space
on their own initiative.

A future that will never happen."

http://www.toqonline.com/2010/04/the-final-frontier/