Tim Britt & Ann Weatherwax

Default Surround Sound for Stereo Lovers

Have to agree with Kal that TriField is good. We also like Dolby ProLogic
II in the music mode as well - None of that synthesized crap you hear with
the units that have the fake "Concert Hall" or "Jazz Hall" settings.

We purchased a Meridian 541 unit years ago because we like the TriField
process so much - It actually sounded like music, natural, and made stereo
music more enjoyable to listen to.

The more current Meridian products still use TriField and added DPL II, so
you can choose between whichever one you like better.

Tim & Ann

in article , Kalman Rubinson at
wrote on 6/29/03 8:44 PM:

You should try Meridian's TriField process. Not only does it work
better than any surround synthesizer I've tried, it is flexible
allowing for useful control of all channels.

Kal