Arny Krueger

Default Bose 901 Review

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger"
"Phil Allison"

** Hang on Arny, what multi driver array has the 901 really got
?????

The answer is none. There is only ONE driver facing the
listener.

You are mixing the 901 up with the 802 PA speaker.

Phil, what are those two arrays of 4 speakers on the back of the
901? Or, am I imagining that I saw them there?

** Oh come on Arny !!!!!

OK, so we agree that there are in fact two arrays of 4 drivers each back
there, right?

There is no significant "lobing and comb-filter effects" with a
driver array that is **NOT** facing the listener - compared with
one that is.

In most cases the back drivers on a 901 are facing a smooth wall. Lobes
bounced off a wall are still lobes. Furthermore, there are those oddities
where the array has a critical distance, and significantly different
frequency response when the listener is closer or further than the critical
distance. This affects 89% of the sound coming out of a 901, if Bose is to
be believed.