Mike Rivers

In article .com writes:

Mike...you indicated that you thought I wouldn't need the FX...wouldn't
I need that for the phantom power for external mics?

As I said in my "retraction" I have no idea why they tied those two
features together, but given that you're going to want to use some
sort of decent mic, you might as well spring for the FX just to get
the XLR inputs and phantom power.

Also, do any of you have any thoughts on the new Edirol R-1.

I have, and you can search the archives for mine. I'd love for it to
be my recorder of choice but I have a problem with its use of flash
cards for the recording media, and of course there's the mini input
jack, no XLR, and no phantom power.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )