John Atkinson

Default Magazine Statitistics

"Arny Krueger" wrote in
message ...
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
om
Arny Krueger had stated (in message
) that he thought "there is
plenty of evidence that Stereophile's magazine sales are shrinking at
a rate that should and probably does greatly concern [John] Atkinson."

However, it is fair to point out that Mr. Krueger offered _no_ such
"evidence," nor does he have any.

Sure I do, its right below.

By which I assume Mr. Krueger is referring to these figures:
2002: 82,932
2003: 81,668

Tell me if I'm wrong, but don't these figures say that the magazine's
circulation is shrinking?

By just 1250 over a 2-year period Mr. Krueger. Please don't now try
to pretend
you meant just "shrinking" when you wrote in message
) that you thought "there is
plenty of evidence that Stereophile's magazine sales are shrinking at
a rate that should and probably does greatly concern [John] Atkinson."

My "no evidence" comment referred to the entirety of your statement..
Mr.
Krueger. The relatively small drop 2002-2003 or even the larger one
2000-2003
do not concern me, "greatly" or otherwise, and you have no evidence
that it
does. The circulation we have guaranteed in this period (our so-called
"rate base")
is 80,000. As long as our actual circulation is greater than than,
there is no reason
for concern.

And as I have stated in another recent posting, over the same period
our
website, www.stereophile.com, has grown to 200,000 unique visitors per
month. So it could be argued that Stereophile's "mindshare." its
influence
if you wish, has grown significantly.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile