Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Interesting new High-end Digital System

Serge Auckland wrote:
irritating short break (around 200mS) between tracks. Does Foobar also
introduce a short break, or will that keep tracks continuous.

Foobar does not introduce a break...but that be because I
am playing FLAC files.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason

Thanks, but I don't understand the reference to FLAC files. Most of my music
on my Musicmatch jukebox is in WAV format, some more recent additions are
320kbps MP3. On Musicmatch, all types of files have a short break between
tracks, it's just a part of how it works. Musicmatch's Tech Support people
were very helpful, but said it's a "feature" of the software, and there's no
way round it other than to put the CD in twice, once as individual tracks
when one wants to pick and choose, and again as one single track for playing
all the way through. I really need to know if there's any other software out
there that won't put in this short gap.

Yes, most software DOESN'T introduce a gap between .wav files during playback.
That was usually a problem with mp3 files only.

Have you ever tried Windows Media PLayer or Winamp?

___