Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

Default Interesting new High-end Digital System

On 7 Nov 2007 00:05:13 GMT, codifus wrote:

It's a very closed, proprietary system.

Yup.

You buy a music CD from Sooloos.
Sooloos sends you the CD as well as an encoded hardrive with the music
on it.
That hard drive is attached to your Sooloos system and the music is
then almost instantaneously uploaded into the RAM of the system.

It seems so.

The mirroring you mention must be part of the secondary, offline
storage.

Nope. I have only one source unit; not the standard configuration.

Talk about being locked in. I'll continue building my own server,
thank you

You are welcome.

Kal