Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in
message
nk.net...

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:17:57 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Wrong Harry. There's nothing that says that laid-back,
absorptive listening can't and hasn't been done under
blind conditions.

Since you seem to be very unclear about this Harry,
let me say it specifically: I've personally done
laid-back, absorptive listening under blind
conditions. The results were evaulations with far poor
sensitivity to small differences.

But surely not hearing any differences at all is also a
sign of "far poor sensitivity", Arnie? And that seems
to occur most often with very un-laid-back A/B
listening.

But what if there were no differences to be heard? That
emans the person was as sensitve asa he needed to be.

But what if you had a test designed to tend to to produce
the result of not hearing differences. that means the test
is a dud.

Sighted evaluations are known to and therefore are designed
to distract the listener from hearing small differences.
Their result is known to be keeping people from hearing
small differences by distracting them with influences
related to sight.

Therefore, sighted evaluations related to small differences
are duds, right Art?