Posted to rec.audio.pro
No Name

Default Somewhat interesting video diary of Behringer factory visit

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Bill Ruys wrote:

Interesting. The workers are all young, and live in "Behringer City"
dorms.
Chris makes the valid point that Behringer gear has no "soul". I'd have
agree. It makes me wish I could afford to buy gear made by people who
care
about what they're making.

Don't blame Behringer for this. The idea originated with Henry Ford
who built the whole "factory town" concept up.

I do agree that mass production produces gear without soul, because it
produces gear that is intended to be everything to everybody in order to
increase the total market as much as possible and therefore bring the per
unit cost down as much as possible. But that's life.

If you don't like mass-produced gear, and you want gear that does exactly
what you want it to do and has character, learn to build your own stuff.
Start with cables and switch panels, and build up from there. It makes
the world a better place.
--scott

Either today or tomorrow I'll be taking delivery of my first piece of
Behringer gear, a pair of C-2 microphones. They will cost me $50 for the
'matched' pair. I've heard suggestions that this mike is equivalent to some
ungodly expensive Neumann mike. Frankly, if it sounds good enough that
nobody can tell that it's an inferior mike by listening to the results, I'll
be deliriously happy.

Norm Strong