Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich

Default M-Audio Micro Track with Neumann KM 184

bartajh wrote:

Scott Fraser schreef:

You should be aware that the Micro Track supplies only 30 volts for its
phantom supply. Neumann mics need 48 volts or else the headroom is
seriously compromised. There are many external battery powered phantom
supplies which provide a full 48 volts.

Thanks Scott. Yes, I am aware of that, that's why I was asking if
anyone had a solution. Seems a pitty though: dragging an external power
supply with you, when you were promised one by M-Audio... I will look
for one. Any suggestions (Brand, type?)

Is it too late to return the Micro Track? If not, please be sure to
bitch seriously at M-Audio. Hell, they even labelled the phantom switch
"48V" on early units.

Audio-Technica makes a small outpoard phantom supply.

--
ha