ScottW

Default 27" TV suggestions 2

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Dave Weil wrote:

In at least one area, that of rear projection TV sets, prices, even for
"HD-ready" sets have come down pretty significantly. My rear projection

set, a
Mitsubishi, that I had owned for about 12 years, finally died, and rather

than
foot a very expensive repair bill, I decided to look around for a

replacement.
For over $ 500 less than what I had paid for a 50" Mitsubishi TV 12

years ago,
I was able to get a 55" HD-ready Mitsubishi TV today. If/when there are

enough
HD broadcasts to make this important, the cost of an HD-converter is

about $
200 - 300.

http://www.reed-electronics.com/elec...ex.asp?layout=
document&doc_id=129898&spacedesc=news

Wait another year and they will be even cheaper and perhaps even
better. DLP kicks butt over classic projection.
If LCOS is even better, that's great.
Still I was noticing our cable company (Cox) is
now listing the HD broadcasts on the TV-Guide channel and
there wasn't nearly enough there to warrant a new TV IMO.
Many hours listed only one program. Sometimes 2.

I'm finding the commercial wars between Cox and ESPN
to be a real hoot. I think Cox is posturing for their TBA decision
to move ESPN to digital service forcing all the ESPN viewers
to upgrade. Personally, TV is slowly losing my interest
to the point I'm not sure it's worth $50 or 60 a month.

ScottW