Dave

Default 27" TV suggestions 2

One thing to consider is that HDTV is going to be the only option for
broadcast in about 3 years (there will still be some workarounds and
your current TV won't be totally obsolete). So, do you really want to
drop a load of money into a TV that won't be able to take advantage of
the current standard? You're welcome to spend up to $500 on a 27 inch
TV, but I'm not sure if it's money well-spent (but only *you* can
decide that).

You know...it's funny. People said the same thing 5 years ago, and it never
happened, and probably won't happen for at least another 5 years, and here
is why. Television production is still learning how to deal with the whole
HD thing. Many people don't want to switch over. Even more than that, the
general public doesn't want to switch over. Why? Because the TV's are too
damn expensive. The major networks are expecting people to buy the HDTV's
now, and then do all of their shows in HD. The problem is, most people can't
justify spending money on an HDTV, when there are only a few shows shot on
HD, and rightfully so. I think getting an HDTV at this point is not a good
idea. If HDTV does become the standard in the near future, the prices of the
HD capable televisions will come down to a reasonable price. THAT will be
the time to get one. There is no way they can be just as expensive then as
they are now if everyone is going to have to switch over.

My question is, what is going to happen to all of the TV's that are out
there right now that will be obsolete if HD does become the standard, and
these TV's are no longer good. All the dumpsters in America will be full of
TV's...