dave weil

Default 27" TV suggestions 2

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:15:00 -0500, "Jose Luiz"
wrote:

Hi, I read every single one of your suggestions, and decided that it'd
probably be worth it to ditch the Apex and RCA options that were previously
recommended to me and spend $100-150 more on a better quality TV. After
doing some research and looking at some of your suggestions, I've
tentatively narrowed it down to 3 models:

Sony KV27FS100
Toshiba 27AF43
Panasonic CT27SL13

Any additional thoughts on the above models are appreciated. Also, I'd
appreciate some thoughts on whether spending a bit extra for a 27" TV with
the PIP option is worth it and some suggestions for a reasonably priced 27"
PIP TV. And for the guy who suggested I get that 32" Toshiba TV in the same
price range, my thinking is that, as a single, apartment dweller who moves
around a bit, a 27" TV would be a bit easier than a 32" for a single person
to manuever around (in terms of a 27" being a bit lighter and easier to grip
and carry since they are a bit smaller than 32" TVs).

That is certainly a consideration, which is why I mentioned that you
might not be interested in a 32 inch TV. They are pretty large and
heavy.

One thing to consider is that HDTV is going to be the only option for
broadcast in about 3 years (there will still be some workarounds and
your current TV won't be totally obsolete). So, do you really want to
drop a load of money into a TV that won't be able to take advantage of
the current standard? You're welcome to spend up to $500 on a 27 inch
TV, but I'm not sure if it's money well-spent (but only *you* can
decide that).

If you want to spend that much money, then you might want to listen to
what Mr. Oberlander said about Panasonic. I've never seen the flat
screen Toshiba but it looks pretty cool but, like I said, the picture
quality on my lower-tiered 32 inch TV (not totally flat-screened), is
quite good. If you're going to go Toshiba, check at Target - they
might be having a sale. My model:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000093URE

lists for the same as the flat screen 27 inch, but I got it for only
$350 in-store a few months ago. You might find the same sort of price
differential.

I watch TV in a pretty small room and, size notwithstanding, I would
never go back to the 27 in. TV that I left behind, even to get a flat
screen. The difference in the picture is that great (and of course,
I'd *love* to have a really large screen TV, but I'm waiting for the
prices to equalize in the HD arena).

Just the random thoughts from someone who has bought a TV in the past
6 months or so.