Eddie Runner

Default Why I chose Sirius over XM.

Actually they have ALWAYS said 100% commercial free MUSIC.
(I have been a serius dealer since they started)

Most IDIOTS that come in the store ASSume it means everything is
100% commercial free, I have argued with Sirius about this because
I think thier advertising is very missleading.....

But XM also has 100% commercial free music channels, they just
dont say it the same missleading way that Sirius does, and alot of folks
assume Sirius is better than XM just for the reason of less commercials
(which isnt really true at all)....

The programming is one reason to choose one over the other (IMO)
there are some things on Sirius that cant be found on XM and some stuff
on XM that isnt on Sirius...

Other reasons to shoose one over the other
include compatability with your headunit
PIONEER=XM KENWOOD=SIRIUS
Or maybe the way the controller fits the car there are some product
differences betwen the Sirius and Xm stuff

And also there are some very good deals to be had with the competitive
rebates and free tuners and so on... Might wanna get the one that the best
deal for you..

And the monthly proce seems to be a big factor for many folks.
Although it is so great I would still like it if it was twice the price.
And also the price seems to be a reason keeping alot of folks from
getting involved at all.... I was even skeptical at first, but not I love it
BOTH of em!

Eddie Runner
http://www.installer.com/tech/

John wrote:

Eddie,
Yes, I really do have Sirius! But I stand corrected. When I first signed
up, their marketing was "100% commercial free." They have since changed
that to "100% commercial free music." Which just means the music channels
are commerical free, but as you said, some of the others run commercials.

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
John wrote:

I'll second that. I chose Sirius over XM because:
1) XM runs commercials on some channels; Sirius is 100% commercial free

Sounds like you dont really have SIRIUS at all or you would know that
Sirius IS NOT 100% commercial free.... Sirius has MANY channels
that do have commercials...

2) Sirius has NPR and PRI stations, XM does not (or at least did not at

the
time)

Now programing differences is a legit reason to choose one
over the other... I have both XM and Sirius so I dont miss anything...

;-)

To be honest, my biggest reason for getting satellite radio was to

escape
the incessant commercials on FM. Just knowing that XM is not
commercial-free was all I had to hear.

Both XM and Sirius are a big change from old school FM, but you
are wrong about the difference in commercials... Comparing the
two they are about even in the channels with or without commercials,
I believe the music channels on both services are commercial free, but
many other channels are full of commercials....

Eddie Runner
I got both!