wicked1

Default Panasonic car cd player overheating?

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message

I'm under the impression that CD lasers have different intensities which
vary when they read the different dye formulations of the various CDRs.

Well, the laser intensity doesn't vary depending on what type of CD-R
you're using, but the laser specifications to read CD-R in the first
place are slightly different from those required to read CD-ROMS and
pressed audio CDs.

not true. Optical drives do alter the laser power depending on the discs.I
posted this on the cdrlabs forum as I have never heard of a permanently
messed up disc due to being read. I would think that if its turning up the
power high enough to literally reburn the disc that the drive is defective.