MorningZ MorningZ is offline
Junior Member

Location: South Florida
Send a message via MSN to MorningZ

*** Update ***
Doing the relays fixed my problem.... if anyone cares or it helps anyone out, this is the wiring i used

"Extra" pin on Pioneer harness:
- Always grounded

Added a switch:
- Simple on/off switch with one side grounded, the other side to both Pin 85 on each of the relays

Relay #1 for VSS:
- Pin 87: No Connection
- Pin 87a: VSS in from the car (in my Integra, it was an orange wire at the instrument cluster)
- Pin 30: VSS sense wire from the D1 (Pink i think)
- Pin 86: 12v switched with ACC
- Pin 85: Before mentioned switch

Relay #2 for Parking Brake sense:
- Pin 87: Ground
- Pin 87a: No connection
- Pin 30: Parking Brake sense wire from the D1 (Light Green)
- Pin 86: 12v switched with ACC (tied together with other relay)
- Pin 85: Before mentioned switch (also tied with other relay)

So switch set to off:
- D1 happily sees VSS and parking brake disengaged

Switch set to on:
- VSS interuppted, parking brake wire grounded.. have access to full menus of navigation (and i assume video input works too, but i am not doing any of that in my car)