bashed1

dubasomes Wrote:
I just tried this on my D1, no luck. Please, before you say I am
incapable of such a difficult task, know that I have made a career out
of being a professional MECP First Class installer for the past eight
years. Putting a pin in a wire harness is not a challenge for me. My
only question is... To those that have had success with this, is your
VSS wire connected? Only thing I could think of that would make/break
this. I ran out of time tonight and couldn't keep trying things.

Thanks in advance.

dubasomes - I've done this bypass on two AVIC-D1s now; works perfectly.
I have not hooked up the VSS on either of the two modded AVIC-D1s;
perhaps that is the hangup with your attempt. Also, make sure you
ground the light green parking brake wire. On each unit I pulled the
blue power antenna wire out of the harness, moved it to the one open
spot, and then connected that wire together with the light green
parking brake wire and the regular black ground wire; I then connected
all those to the black ground wire on the vehicles' wiring harness. No
more "parking brake wire is connected improperly" warning at start up;
and all address searches; etc. are opened up while moving! By the way,
both units seem to function great without the VSS connection. Good
luck on yours.

--
bashed1
bashed1's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36886