Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

In article , David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/5/2010 10:02 PM Eeyore spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 8/29/2010 5:27 AM Arny Krueger spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Of course, much depends on many factors: the floor covering,
room geometry, etc., etc. Carpeted floors can't be good for
*any* speakers.

Simply not true.

Really? Carpet doesn't "eat up" high frequencies?

Who said the floor was carpeted ?

Most studio control rooms I encounter have wooden floors ! I wonder why ?

My point was that the floor the speakers is placed on *could* easily be
carpeted. Certainly not my choice of floor covering here, but it exists
in many places out there in the wild.

And yes, I certainly wouldn't expect to see carpet in a studio control room.

I would say carpeting is mandatory in my view in any audio room. So
is wall treatments, and ceiling treatments.

greg