Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Value of KLH speakers?

On 8/20/2010 11:36 AM GregS spake thus:

In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:

Not exactly a tech question, I know, but I trust I'll be forgiven.

Saw a pair of big old floor cabinet speakers yesterday at a place,
assumed they were Wharfedales or Jensens or some such, but they
turned out to be KLH Model Twelves. Never heard of or saw this
model before.

Does anyone know what they might be worth, assuming good working
condition? Yes, I know: they're worth what someone'll pay for them.
But I'm looking for some real-world data here.

First time I heard of them myself. Just got familiar with them a
couple minutes ago. The most important thing is condition, and if
these had any special repair needs. Some of these old speakers held
up well, not having foam surrounds.

They're in good condition, cosmetically at least, so there's a good
chance they work well too. The woofer surrounds are fabric, not foam,
and are completely intact.

Just love those big old cabinets. For the non collector, I would
guess they are worth mabe $200-400.

That's in line with what I thought and what they're asking for them.