Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Tubes & SS

Jan wrote:

fryzz wrote:

On Dec 13, 3:35 pm, ":-:Ghost Chip:-:" wrote:
When I was young I had tubes and liked them.
I got older and got SS and liked it too.
Now, even older I can no longer hear the difference so I like them both.
Ghost

You know, this post is a lot like throwing chum into a pool full of
sharks :-).

With age comes wisdom.

Well, you are optimistic.

There are indeed ppl whose wisdom increases as their ability to play
baseball diminishes.

There is a lucky tiny minority who play chess better at 60 than at 40,
and 40 BTW is merely a jack sprat whippersnapper of a bloke, a todler
among wise old octogenarians, many of whom are wise enough to stay away
from a chessboard because it'll lead to a loss against some young twerp.
And since 80 yo hearing ain't what it use to be, it could be pointless
to discuss tubes and transistors, and maybe they won't know how to email
you a reply about anything.

Wisdom is a bit like a hard on. You just can't keep it up for ever, and
sooner or later, you have a very good chance of going quite daft as you
get older, and or your ageing either makes your personality better like
some wines improve if cellared, or you just turn into a sour old
*******, like a bottle full of vinegar.

Have ye not met a few 60 yr olds who have completely forgetten how to
build a nice simple gees-its-great tride amp?

What they knew at 30 has been lost. As you age, tell yourself to get
wiser each day, OK, and if yer don't, yer won't get wiser, yer'll get
dumber. So stay healthy with a few challenges outside the comfort zone.
Chuck out the bull**** you had at 30, but please hang onto the good
bits........of your mind that is.

As a man ages, his mind should move above his waist.

Patrick Turner.

Jan