Mike Schmidt

"Papanate" wrote in message

Mike Schmidt wrote:

Can someone tell me how the Gina3G compares to the following two M-Audio
devices?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_ca/Delta44-main.html
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...e410-main.html

The G3G is an *All In One* Solution for a beginning bedroom studio
type. The Delta 44 is not. The Delta FW-410 is. What do you want
and what inputs/outputs do you need?

I'm more concerned with the converters, latency, and noise level.

As for the in/outputs, as long as I have 2 ins and 2 outs (although 4 outs
would make me feel more secure) and they're not cheap-ass audio mini-plugs
like you'll find on the Audiophiles (1/4" is the bare minimum) then I'm
happy. Extra points if it can take MIDI like the Gina3G can, but since my
motherboard also provides a gameport slot for it, it's not a must-have. Same
for XLR ins. Not a *must*, but would be nice.

Like I said, the converters, latency and noise levels are my main concerns.

How does the M-Audio Firewire 410 compare to the Echo Gina3G PCI in that
respect?

PS: Echo Support just told me to try another PCI slot on my motherboard, and
if that doesn't work, I'm S.O.O.L... nice. I'll try tonight when I get back
home, but I fear that I'm screwed. Hope the store takes the Gina back.