Mark Zarella

Default when is capacitors used?

I think it's mostly reactionary. People make the claim that they're
useless
mostly because people come in with crazy preconceived notions that

they'll
do something that they just can't do.

Okay, I agree that people have notions that they'll make their ****ty
amp work wonders, increase their SPL, etc. And it's good to set them
straight so they don't get disappointed when they don't do what they
think they'll do, but when I came in here and mentioned my caps worked
for me, I got a reaction that everything I said should be taken lightly...

Depends what you said. I read some of what you said, and replied to some of
it too. You made claims that are probably right on. I won't doubt your
experiences, because I have no reason to suspect you're lying. But it's
perfectly reasonable to question your interpretations of your results, and
that's what soundfreak, I, and others have done.