B&D

Default Comments about CES Show "fixes"

On 8/1/04 5:28 AM, in article nJ2Pc.225788$XM6.168288@attbi_s53, "Ban"
wrote:

Watch, you wouldn't make a good marketing guy despite the offers of the
manufacturers.

I wouldn't pass that judgment. First point is that many marketing types (as
well as most people) do exactly that when excited and enthusiastic.

Secondly - informal prose is *not* marketing communications. If other
companies are trying to get him "on board" it is probably due to his talents
or perceived talents in the arena outside of Usenet posts.

It is tempting, and also incorrect, in forming a complete opinion of
someone's talents and capabilities from their Usenet posts. I think if this
guy has job offers or at least interested parties - who are we to discourage
him or be in any kind of position to judge his abilites?

And it is not the logic or the argumentation, but the
confusion. Jumping from one topic to the other you want to appear informed
and understanding. But it is overloaded with irrelevant details, the few
interesting informations are covered by the overflowing amount of words,
short: forget the career as a marketing guy. Train yourself to express
yourself at least in a pseudo-scientific jargon and restrain from too many
judgements.

Merketing Communications is not not NOT Usenet posting - how can you
possibly suss out this guy's abilities based upon a disjointed Usenet post?

To make out that the
audio business is a gentlemen's business with unspoken rules of
behavior and secrecy is ridiculous except in the mind of inventive
conspiracy theorists.

This sentence is an example of how *not* to say something.

What is the "correct" way? I think he sums it up rather nicely.