Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

"hank alrich" wrote in message ...

A solid and sensible response from Hank. I concur.

I used to do live recording, and enjoyed it very much. My basic problem was
that I was never to make recordings, day-in and day-out, to learn the basics.
* I made a lot of decent recordings, but -- with one exception, an Ambisonic
recording -- never a great one. Theory is fine -- and you absolutely /have/ to
have it -- but it is the grounding point for practical knowledge.

* The suggestion that you learn how to make a good /mono/ recording is
excellent.