Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.guitar.amps
Michael Press Michael Press is offline

Default climate research contretemps

In article ,
Tim McNamara wrote:

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
Tim McNamara wrote:

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
Les Cargill wrote:

Stephen Cowell wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote ...

one instinctively wants the contrary to be true.

I'm pretty sure that sums it up, en toto, for the AGW crowd.
Thanks for being real. __ Steve .

If the only thing we can say is "we don't really know", then
... what?

That's always a start, but it makes for a short sorta
conversation.

Nobody repudiates the emails made public from CRU, East Anglia.
That is something we know. We also know that the emails contain
plans to subvert the scientific peer review process.

It's also interesting that the ire is directed at the victims of
theft, not at the sociopaths who did the thieving

Name the sociopaths who did the thieving.

Since they know their actions were illegal, they have seen fit to not
divulge their names.

I know very little about the release of the files.
Was a report of theft filed with the civil authorities?
My web search did not find anything.

We do know that Phil Jones is guilty of destroying
data that was not his to destroy, data that belonged
in the public domain.

So far one crime against CRU;
and as far as I know, nobody at
CRU has alleged a crime in regard
to the copied files.

Found this in my search. Department of Energy
sends a litigation hold notice on CRU materials
to DOE employees.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/14/doe-sends-a-litigation-hold-notice-regarding-cru-to-employees-asking-to-preserve-documents/

and the politicians who have publicly supported theft.

Names.

Jim Inhofe in particular, publicly praising the actions of the hackers
who stole the e-mails.

By the way, this was a useless exercise given the very public statements
made by these characters. Did you have some kind of imagined point to
make, or are you just stalling?

How times in our society have changed from 1972 when the rule of
law was apparently taken more seriously than today.

Emotional.

Apparently?

Three unsupported, emotional assertions.

"Emotional?" Hardly. Perhaps theft no longer bothers you?

"sociopaths" is emotional.

"hackers" is emotional, and a corruption of the
original meaning of `hacker.'

--
Michael Press