Joseph Oberlander

Default P/review of Jupiter Audio Europa speakers pt.1

dave weil wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:31:02 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

Another negative isn't really a negative of the speaker. If the source
material tends toward the sibilant, this speaker will exacerbate that
tendency slightly. Note the word *slightly*. It's not nearly
objectionable as other speakers I've heard in the past.

Probably the ribbon tweeter. These are really picky and hard to
tame beasts. Quality control at the low-end is such that he'd
probably have to hand-pick 2-3 out of every dozen to actually use.

And you know this exactly how? Especially regarding this particular
tweeter.

Because others who are familiar with this exact tweeter he uses have
posted prety much the same thing. It's a finicky design and not very
well made from a construction standpoint.

Yes, I think that my comments are related to the fact that he used a
ribbon tweeter. Both the positive (which you ignored) *and* the
negative.

No - I didn't. 90% of my comments were on the (as expected) poor bass
results. That's fixable, though, with a larger cabinet.