dave weil

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:48:36 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

It's this very same "effect" that makes me recommend that someone do
the same thing to YOU guys. I have little doubt that those of you who
claim the inferiority of SETs and tube amps in general would be
similarly fooled.

So, you're saying that SETs are *not* sonically distinguishable from
cheap SS amps when used below clipping? If so, then what's the point
of them?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Nice of you to show how your
reasoning is so skewed.

What I'm saying is that I could fool YOU in just the same way. I could
tell you that you were listening to your own Krell and substitute an
SET that you claimed was inferior and I bet you a dollar to a doughnut
that you'd buy it hook, line and sinker.