Gareth Magennis

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Gareth Magennis" wrote in
message

And there's more, like the observations that one particle
can somehow affect the behaviour of another a large
distance away. So perhaps it is not beyond the realms of
fantasy that a particle in the brain can affect a
particle in a CD player. Who knows, we certainly don't.

Gareth, ever hear of Occam's razor? It basically says that simple
explanations are more likely to be correct.

When you have to call on astronomy, quantum physics and hypothesize new
scientific discoveries to explain things that you perceive, which are easy
to show are just audible illusions, this should be a wake up call.

I have heard of Mr Occam and his shaving device, and I am inclined to agree
with you. However, I lean more towards the idea that it is quite possible
we have been barking up the wrong tree all this time and the simple
explanation is that everything we think we know is wrong, because one, some
or all of the fundamental principles we hold so dear are wrong. The kind of
things I have mentioned in previous posts like Matter arising from Mind and
not the other way round, time not being at all what we think it is, reality
being illusory, Britney Spears being a better singer than Christina
Aguilera, Collective Conciousness meaning we are all part of some greater
being like leaves are part of a tree, hell, maybe even a God exists. And of
course other ideas and concepts that we just could not understand right now.

See, the Quantum Mechanics thing seems to be finding little things like mind
actually does affect matter and that things don't have to be near other
things to affect them or even to be part of them. Maybe we have
overcomplicated things enormously - maybe a paradigm leap in awareness would
bring everything down to the really simple level that it actually is. Can't
wait.

Gareth.