Lex

Default Subwoofer direction

define supra-bass frequencys... as I said I used a 60 hz test tone..
assuming the tone was clear.. then 60 hz should be the only frequency that
is being produced, which is the tone you are claiming this does not happen
at.
"Nousaine" wrote in message
"Lex" wrote:

Ok I guess it is time to voice in on the subject.
1. Just because the Interior volume of the Covette is the same is an

integ
hatch doesn't mean it shares the same acoustical properties. Fiberglass
body, differents angles in the trunk space, ect ect ect effect this too,

its
not like we are bouncing signal off of a solid wall.

Corvette's have a steel uni-body. So the internal acoustics are quite

similar
to other compact cars. The reason I know this is I've had a chance to

review
the transfer functions of 150 vehicles measured by an auto company AND

I've
owned both a Corvette and an Integra.

2. when it comes to what sounds good (not talking about spl/sq comps or
anything else) the best meter I am equiped wiith is my ears. Make a

system
run a flat line on an RTA and see what you think it sounds like..
considering a flat RTA would be considered perfect in many cases, but

most
would agree that it sounds like ****, and this goes into the same

principal.

Sure; this is a known deal. If you EQ a speaker flat in its direct field

it
will show a gradually falling response measured in the far-field or

listening
position.

We know this and it doesn't affect the issue here.

I hear more bass (and yes this is using a 60 hz test tone) in my system

with
the subs firing rearward than when they fire frontward, and the SPL tests

have done go to prove this.

Data please.

I also Notice more bass when I don't have my
equipment for work in my trunk, which effectively forms a big ass wall
acrossed the trunk. Maybe I will have to go down to the local shop and

get
a scope and an rta and all that other fancy **** out just to help prove

what
we all know... Moving the sub box can cause noticeable differences in

bass
output.

Only at supra-bass frequences.

"Nousaine" wrote in message
"Fat *******"
wrote:

Tom, you keep saying you have tested this, and you say you are right

because
you tested it, but yet you have not PROVEN anything because you have

not
SHOWN us those tests. For them to be valid tests we would need

pictures,
documentation, and WITNESSES to each stage of your test. Otherwise,

your
words are just that, words.

So what is Eddie's argument except words. Its his claim. I see no data,

no
pictures, no witnessess, noreplication.

I simply conducted a short experiment and found different results.

Indeed
even
you posted something below that is in disagreement with his claim.

Words of a man proven wrong consistantly by
Eddie Runner. You say one thing, and argue it, and use obscure