Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Convert mono LP to digital

On 04 Oct 2015, geoff wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I suggest try summing them and compare the result with each
separate channel, and choose whichever gives the best result.

OK.

Results may differ slightly for each different project , due the
the potentially random nature of the noise per channel.

It has a lot to do with the condition of the LP. If it's in bad shape,
it's likely that one channel is a lot more worn and noisy than the
other, especially toward the inner grooves. One channel often sounds
significantly better than the other. The one I'm working on right now
is in pretty good shape, so summing them might work well. But I know
there was an invert/summing trick that was mentioned here, and I tried
it and it seemed to work well for the source I tried it on. If I could
only remember what it was...