Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

Default DAW utilizing multi core?

On Thu 2012-Apr-26 03:55, Trevor writes:
"Jeff Henig" wrote in message
-septembe
r.org...
Having chops doesn't guarantee having a soul that can touch a heart. It's
something I've long wished some of my more talented and gifted friends
would learn.

would agree with that, so far as it goes, but then ...

True, but totally ignores the rapidly changing or fickle nature of
public admiration. An artist doesn't suddenly have " a soul that can
touch a heart" one minute, and lose it the next, and yet they often
go from millions of fans, to nothing, and sometimes back again.
That's the nature of show biz in general. When you're hot you're
hot, and when you're not you're not! :-)

Right, and remember that these days "public admiration" is
manipulated byu those with the capability to manipulate it.
Many of these 'stars" are admired because they've been
heavily marketed. YEt note that people still rediscover
Hank Williams, or the Beatles even today because they're
exposed to it by older generations, and find it to be good
music that does indeed touch them somewhere.

YEs, when I do find myself exposed to a lot of thi stuff
that's been shoved at me by the marketing folks I endeavor
to keep an open mind, but often I find myself wishing for
the off switch, or escaping the aural bombardment of junk as soon as possible. I'll admit to being somewhat of a snob.
Unless you can entertain and connect with that audience
using just your talents I'm probably not likely to take you
seriously as an artist or performer. Forget the 40 foot
video screen adn the flying pig, if you ain't got the chops, then you ain't got the chops.

Regards,
Richard