Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

Default DAW utilizing multi core?

"Tobiah" wrote in message
On 4/23/2012 5:18 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In ,
wrote:

All of this is off topic, but is to say, that running
64 tracks with plugins, is not all that we will ask of
computers, or music in 10 years.

And, with all of that, there will still be people who can't play in
tune, on the beat.
--scott

The larger question sir, although I do take your
meaning, is whether human musicians will matter then.

I think human musicians and other performing artists will be around as long
as there are humans around. Musicians, singers, dancers, actors, and
entertainers who's talent and skill in live performance set's them apart
from the rest of us mortals causes an emotional reaction in audiences that
computer music never will IMO. And we want that rush and will always pay
for it. Not all of us, of course, but that was never the case.

Steve King