Jim Davis Nature Photography

Default Pioneer CT - A70 4 head cassette deck

On 12 Oct 2003 20:30:31 GMT, (Richard Kuschel)
wrote/replied to:

Any advice or help would be appreciated. I just want to make decent
cassette recordings. thanks

What type tape is it set up for?

Many machines will handle only one kind of tape for recording.

I had an old Altec Lansing system that only took Type I Normal.

Well it has auto tape selection so I would guess a chrome tape should
record fine. It has a normal chrome and metal indicator light. I have
tried recording both normal and chrome. I don't think the type would
make this much difference, the recorded level is very low and if I
bump it to max, it's a bit higher but muddy.

Playback is fine.
This deck isn't that old he heh, hey thanks for the help.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/
Reply in plain text only please!