Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:01:46 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
nk.net

This isn't a bad ideal. Many companies do the same thing - but
they:
- (1) do real research and testing

Agreed.

- (2) pay more than $20-$30 for their drivers

Surprisingly, mostly wrong when it comest o consumer speaker
drivers. More accurately stated: They buy their drivers in big
enough quantities that $20-30 gets them just about *anything they
want*.

- (3) sell them for reasonable markups.

Agreed.

If one agrees with your first statement, then one would have to
disagree with the second, since there are plenty of 2 way speakers for
$1600 or more (or 3 way speakers for $1800 or more) UNLESS you
stipulate that Greg's markup is ALSO reasonable.

You obviously can't count Weil, because my first statement has nothing to do
with driver costs. If you were going to intelligently make this sort of
comment, you'd address it to my second and third statements. Your post
proves only that you can't count to three. Please come back when you obtain
that skill.

One only has to look at Bugtussel as an example.

I don't know what sort of volumes Bugtussel is moving. Bugtussel has one
very strong advantage over Jupiter - a seasoned, technically-sophisticated
chief designer who still remembers what he learned in his science classes,
and aggressively built on a solid technical education over a period of
years. Did I mention that the last time we worked together we did a
demonstration of PCABX?