Joseph Oberlander

Default P/review of Jupiter Audio Europa speakers pt.1

trotsky wrote:

So Tannoy and Paradigm and a slew of others can make a decent
tower speaker and you cannot?

Cheesy build quality might be acceptable to you, but it isn't to me.

OMG I almost lost my soda on that one. What a rube. Check out his
construction. He's not even in the same league as the major players.
At BEST he's equal.

But you keep dodging the prime issue...

Look at the Saturn 6 LR bookshelf speakers. Nice, decent designs.
They took the same drivers and $50 more in materials(since the MSRP
is only $300 more) and the low-end dropped to 31hz.

Joe, you're thinking is completely wrong. If you want stuff that is
obviously built to a price point, just so you can own it and think "Oh,
I'll buy something better when I can afford it," then bully for you.

I am a consumer. I see a speaker advertized. It has worse specs and
less bass response for the same money. It absolutely DOES matter that
he's pricing it too high to survive real-world exposure.

That's almost a full octave lower than the bookshelf design,
and close enough to full-range to not matter(since the last 4 keys or
so on a keyboard are rarely played).

They did it - yet you say it is "impossible" and would sound terrible?

With a Silver Flute woofer? It is impossible. Are you looking for
incredible tonal accuracy or just bass extension?

Most consumers do exactly this, believe it or not. Adding a second
woofer would be very easy in fact if he had a larger cabinet.