Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Sound Of Bipolar Junction Transistors

On 15/10/2017 7:54 PM, John Williamson wrote:
On 15/10/2017 01:30, wrote:

Started stuffing the boards, wanted to use IC sockets. The last thing
was inserting the Op-Amps. That's when it dawned one me, the mirrored
board pin-out was reversed. I called myself a dumb Jack As*. I did the
worst thing possible, and bent the IC pins over. Took it home and it
worked like a champ! Was nice to thank Walter, online, many years later.

The easy way would have been to mount the IC on the copper side of the
board. ;-)

But one channel would have been 180ยบ out of phase (OK, polarity).

geoff